Thursday, September 4, 2008

It's a matter of life and death

"For Jesus lives as the One who was put to death for me, as the one in whom I am put to death, so that necessarily His life is the promise of my life. But with His life, my life too, the life of man who is not himself Jesus Christ but only his younger brother, is an exclusive act of God, a pure divine revelation, a free act of divine grace”
K Barth, Church Dogmatics IV/1, 356

Over the next few weeks I want to think through (ie. rant about) the idea of Jesus' representative death and resurrection, and the idea that as Christians, we have died with Christ.

4 comments:

Djlpap said...

And we have been raised with Christ, into the resurrection age :)

Matthew Moffitt said...

Sweet!

Nice change to the blue background.

Mike Bull said...

Representative? Nay, organic! We are as much a part of Him as we were of Adam. He is the head and we are the muscles He moves by His Spirit.

Mike W said...

Yeah, Bully, you're right!!