Saturday, June 23, 2012

Devouring the Psalms

One of my great pleasures this year has been meeting with one of the young men from our evening service each week.
We choose a Psalm that may be helpful as a response to the reading and sermon, and then rework it as a corporate prayer for the congregation (often doesn't require that much in the way of rework)
This fella is a very enthusiatic, emotional guy, and has just devoured the Psalms. A few weeks in he said ' These are great! I just want to read the whole Psalms so I know which one to choose'. So he now has read through the whole of Psalms and is starting again.
The congregation seems to be enjoying it too.
This year, Moore College's School of Theology (September 12 and 13) is on the Psalms.
Perhaps I'll drag along my young friend

No comments: