Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Compulsory reading for all literate Christians

I just re-read Karl Barths "The Holy Spirit and Christian Hope", number 73 in Church Dogmatics 4/3.2.

It is truly one of the most comforting, challenging, energising, enriching pieces of christian theology I have ever read.

Every christian that can read should read this. If ever there was someone who considered how to spur other christians on to love and good deeds as we look for the Day of the Lords coming, Barth is the guy.

I have to write an essay now, but I will be posting up bits in the future.

3 comments:

Mike Bull said...

Sounds great.

Don't stay in the Barth too long.

Mike W said...

thats right, you get all wrinkly.

I will be staying in the Barth for a bit longer, right after I wrote this the computer crashed and I lost all the work I'd done on that section.

Mike Bull said...

"thats right, you get all wrinkly."

And there is a slight risk of gnosticism, but this is debatable. Maybe we just don't get Barth.

Crash? Rats.