Monday, April 13, 2009

Prayer Mondays: Psalm 16, God the horizon of deleight

I say to the LORD "You are my Lord, I have no good apart from you....You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fulness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures for ever more" Psalm 16:2,11


The presence of YHWH is the fount of all goodness.
He gives us the saints, secures a bountiful inheritance, gives counsel and security. In praise, Davids whole being, even his flesh, is secure from sheol and corruption. Surely these are true of Jesus, whom God did not let see corruption (acts 13:35), who sits at the right hand of YHWH, whose inheritance is sure.
But also for us, who look forward to the coming presence of God in Christ, his resurrection becomes ours, Himself as our bountiful inheritance and fulness of joy. Not only in the future, but now, YHWH is present by his Spirit, so the path of life, fulness of joy and eternal pleasures dwell within us.

LORD God, fountain of goodness, centre of pleasure, holder of security and inheritance, overflowing with blessing, rich in grace and love, raiser of the dead, keeper from corruption, open to me the path of life, come and be present, tickle me joyful with your right hand, overfill the horizon of my desires that I might deleight in you

No comments: